- 174 g water
- 125 g milk
- 9 g yeast
- 440 g bread flour
- 8 g sea salt
- 21 g sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- Combine mlik and water. Heat to 98 degrees. Add in yeast to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Using the bread hook, start your mixer on low. Slowly stream in yeast mixture. Allow to mix until combined. Allow to mix for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in butter, 1 Tbsp at a time. Mix until all butter in incorporated. Mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- Dump dough out onto a work surface and shape it into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, cover, and allow it to rise in your oven with just the light on for 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Grease a 9x5 inch pan.
- Punch down your dough and place on a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough until its about half an inch think and as wide as your loaf pan’s long side.
- Roll your dough tightly into a log and place in the prepared bread pan. Cover with another bread pan and allow to rise again for 30 to 45 minutes in your oven with the light on.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Allow it to rest in the pan for 10 minutes before pulling out of the pan and allowing it to cool completely before slicing.
Recipe from Joshua Weissman on YouTube.