- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) cornmeal
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- Whisk together cornmeal, baking soda, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs into buttermilk, then add to dry ingredients and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup batter into skillet. Cook pancake until lacy and brown underneath, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook just until cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a baking sheet in a low oven to keep warm until service.
- Repeat process with remaining butter and batter to make a total of 8-10 pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with warm syrup or fruit topping, like a strawberry compote.