- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 28 ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1Tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- In your instant pot, turn on the saute function and add the olive oil and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes until translucent and tender. Add the garlic and saute for 15 seconds.
- Add in the carrots, seasonings, canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Make sure to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow it to natural release for 10 minutes.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the soup in batches until it is the consistency you prefer.
- Add the cream in, if desired.
Recipe from Peas and Crayons.