Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins
- 2/3 + 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 + 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray non-stick spray into 12 regular-size muffin tin.
- In medium bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, oil and eggs. Add bananas and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Stir until just combined.
- Using a scoop, fill each muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake 17-21 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.
- For the cinnamon sugar coating: While the muffins are still warm, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Put melted butter in a separate small bowl. Dip muffin tops into melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar. Serve warm or let cool completely before storing.